The LAB B Co-Op program is an experiential learning model that provides high school students with the resources and connections to explore pathways to employment and better post-secondary decision making.
LAB B is dedicated to bridging the gap between what students learn and what employers want. Students will work throughout the program to build upon their skills through workshops and activities.
The program has been in operation for three years with over 40 graduates. Graduates have moved on to university and college, started businesses, and report feeling more confident in their ability to succeed. More importantly, our students come back to LAB B for support after the program.
There are two cohorts per year (Fall and Spring) with 6 -10 students per cohort. Some of the great skills students will learn include digital marketing, communication, and project management.
Overview of Program
Learn Both Technical and Soft Skills
Over the course of the 15-week program, students will learn a number of new skills, as well as develop their current skills, through various workshops, activities and projects.
- Online Marketing
- Google Analytics
- Content Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Online Marketing
- Online Sales
- Supplier Communications
- Inventory Controls
- Timeline Management
- Customer Relations
Build an awesome portfolio
Over the 15 weeks, you’ll build an awesome portfolio while preparing to launch the Built in Brampton clothing line with your program peers. The best thing about LAB B’s Zero Gravity program is that it’s unlike any other high school co-op, in that you will gain tangible skills and knowledge that will give you a head start in the verticals of digital marketing and entrepreneurship. This program will provide you with real transferable skills for any field of work. You will walk away from the Zero Gravity program with results and real life examples of problem solving, advertising, and sales.
- Creating a marketing plan for upcoming LAB B events
- Analyzing website traffic and site hits
- Content Marketing Foundations
- Develop and execute your own website
- Creating a Business Model Canvas
- Analyzing and developing accounting and financial statements
- Developing a business plan & presenting your ideas (Dragon’s Den Challenge)
Be a part of a growing community
LAB B is Brampton’s one and only coworking spaces in the heart of downtown Brampton. The co-op program is structured in a way to allow students to have more of an interactive and collaborative learning experience. Well established businesses consider LAB B as a home and therefore provide many networking and skill development opportunities for students.
Quick features of the space include:
- Almost 2000 square ft. of open concept designed space for optimal collaboration
- Full kitchenette gives access to sink, fridge, mircowave, kettles etc.
- Designated desk space for students
No issue is too small
LAB B will be working closely with their students and provide them with the appropriate resources to help them be successful in the program.
- Professional Mentors: LAB B is a coworking space that is home to many freelancers, entrepreneurs, marketers, and digital nomads. These potential mentors are professionals currently working within the industry the students hope to learn about. The students will be able to contact these mentors to build relationships and obtain more insight into their world.
- Low student to coordinator ratio: A strategically designed low ratio allows for much more one on one opportunities so students feel engaged, supported, and motivated.
- Open door policy: Here at LAB B, 100% of our space is designed in order to collaborate and engage. We live by the open door policy and literally have no doors between the coordinator and the students. This allows for open communication unless a more in-depth discussion is requested by the student.
To be accepted into the program:
Prerequisites: Must be enrolled in high school (2 credit program)
Step 1: Hit “Apply Now”
Step 2: Fill out the application
Step 3: Attend an interview in order to see if we are the right fit for you!
Step 4: Acceptance to the program!
Are you an educator or industry professional?
LAB B is always looking for new opportunities. If you are an educator or industry professional looking to offer this co-op program to your high school, have questions about our course offerings OR are interested in becoming a mentor for the program, feel free to let us know.